View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #1415
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Baseline skillset

Quote:
Erik Johnstone wrote: View Post
I was never shown such things, nor did I hear Okazaki-Mullins Sensei discuss them either. She started training with her father as a young girl (along with her sisters), so she may have had or been exposed to ki training. I will certainly have to ask her!
Hi Erik:

Well, I'd be interested in hearing the comments that are pertinent, if you ever do ask her. On the other hand, the warning flag in my mind (from years of experience) is that often the female child, no matter how dear, is not shown many of the so-called "secrets" for the simple reason that females marry into other families and the lineage could be disrupted, with the husband of a founders daughter (for example) suddenly claiming that he got all the original stuff, and so on. So there's that possibility to consider, also (whether it's germane in this case, I certainly haven't any idea, though).

Incidentally, that photo came from a guy who has done DZR and I'd normally give someone credit, but in this case I don't want to expose him to any factional frowning.

Best.

Mike