Thread: Ki and Koryu?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
tedehara

Dojo: Evanston Ki-Aikido
Re: Ki and Koryu?

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote: View Post
Sorry...that just caught in my...throat. Are we sure that Ueshiba and Tohei Sensei ever talked about anything in a "Jedi" fashion???

Best,
Ron
Both Morihei Ueshiba and Koichi Tohei had distinctive views about ki. Athough K. Tohei was the founder's student, he was also influenced by others like Tempu Nakamura.

While many people equate George Lucas' Force with Ki, Chi or Prana, the actual origins are different.

Quote:
Ted Ehara wrote:
In Skywalking: The Life and Films of George Lucas, Dale Pollock wrote that "Lucas's concept of the force was heavily influenced by Carlos Castaneda's Tales of Power, an account of a Mexican Indian sorcerer, Don Juan, who uses the phrase 'life force'."3

However, Lucas said that he had read extensively on myth and mythology theory,"...as many as fifty books. I basically worked out a general theory for the Force, and then I played with it."4

As the concept continued to evolve, Lucas would define the source of the force in the story meeting transcripts as: "The act of living generates a force field, an energy."5

By the third draft of the manuscript, Lucas would have Ben Kenobi tell Luke Skywalker, "It is an energy field in oneself, a power that controls one's act yet obeys one's commands. It is nothing, yet it makes marvels appear before your very eyes. All living things generate this force...".6
from May the Force Be With You

It is not practice that makes perfect, it is correct practice that makes perfect.
About Ki
About You