View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #29
jducusin

Dojo: Open Sky Aikikai (formerly the North Winnipeg Aikikai)
Canada
Re: Poll: If a 50 year old person came into your aikido dojo and said that they would

So long as their goal wasn't to take Aikido and use it to oppress others, I would be encouraging regardless of a person's age. I would be even more so in that they are 50 and have set such high goals for themselves (no matter how seemingly unrealistic they might seem to some) --- if they are highly determined and willing to put in the effort and practice that it takes to work towards that goal, even if they don't quite get there, I would be behind them one hundred percent every step of the way. "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

It might also be worth quoting something I have posted on my office wall at work:

"We must not allow other people's limited perceptions to define us." --- Virginia Satir

Far be it from me to discourage another from their dream if they're willing to work for it.

Last edited by jducusin : 07-03-2007 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Addition, and correction of a typo.

Open Sky Aikikai - http://www.winnipegaikido.com
"Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." - Morihei Ueshiba