View Single Post
Old 04-03-2002, 09:12 AM   #22
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Re: Re: RE: Professor Friday's Reply

[quote]Originally posted by LOEP
Quote:
Originally posted by senshincenter

Wow. THAT brought this thread to a shuddering halt.

You made some interesting points, David, but truthfully, I found it rather hard to read.

(I am, however, one of the unwashed, undegreed masses and I find that sort of heavygoing writing style far too dense for my non-academic palate.)

It's clear you put a lot of thought and labor into this. Shame to see the thread die.

I'll try to get through it and offer my comments and I've sent a copy to Karl for his perusal.

Chuck
I think it is unfortunate that a person who has taken the time and made the effort to put his thoughts on a subject into such a detailed exposition should be criticized for doing so because people are too intellectually lazy to work through the post. I see a thousand posts with little content or thought put into them for every one that has some real "meat" conceptually.

Those folks who are truely of a "non-academic" palette can feel free to NOT read whatever they want. But I for one spend a lot of time monitoring these forums just waiting for the occasional post into which someone has put somereal time and effort. I don't think people who do make the effort should be criticized but rather praised for trying to raise the general tone of the forum.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com