View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 11:59 PM   #11
G DiPierro
United_States
Re: dojo head bans students from training with another teacher (ex student)

I can think of some situations where it would make sense to tell students that they cannot train with certain other groups for technical and political reasons. I'm training with one group right now that has such a rule, and I don't have any problem with it, nor do I wish to train with the prohibited competing groups.

What I can't understand is telling someone that they cannot train in a dojo that is part of one's own organization. What's the point of being part of a group if you hate or fear the other members so much that you will not allow people to train with them? If you really object to the other person being in your organization that much then the only decision that has any integrity would be to resign from the organization. If you want to be in the same group then you should at least make some effort to overcome your differences, even if it is just letting your students participate with the other person's training.

It's amazing how much overgrown egos and petty, divisive politics there are in the so-called "art of peace." How does anyone expect to reconcile the world if they can't even reconcile their own house?

Last edited by G DiPierro : 06-20-2007 at 12:03 AM.