View Single Post
Old 04-02-2002, 07:50 AM   #25
Bruce Baker
Dojo: LBI Aikikai/LBI ,NJ
Kyusho ...more places to look

Hi guys,

Look up YMAA publications for Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming. His writings get pretty ambiguous, but he covers a variety of Qi-Gong, Tai-chi, Chin-na, and some other chinese subjects.

If you look at Dillmans bibliography, he includes Dr. Yang, along with other medical research including Accupressure and Accupuncture with some Chinese medical references. Let alone, Karate, Jujitsu/ including Wally Jay who takes some Aikido for his studies, and Aikido are mentioned in the references.

There are a number of different schools that list themselves under either Dillman's Ryukyu or Dim-mak as courses of study. They all seem to acknowledge each other in the last ten years. Since Dillman has been decifering his notes from Hohan Soken, one of the master teachers from Okinawa, other arts with so called advanced knockouts are finally talking to an American. Hohan Soken was Dillmans first television moment of fame for "Ripley's believe it or not" ... his teacher, Hohan Soken was the oldest active fulltime teacher of martial arts at eighty something in the 1970s.

The other road ...
Because My Meniere's is so advanced, over thirty years undiagnosed, I was looking to add to my early 1970s knowledge of yoga, meditation and find an advanced healing beyond little pills/rest. That, with curiosity of why half the explanations of blocks in fighting that did not work with injuring yourself as badly as your opponent? It only takes three times to remove the protection fluid of a pressure point. Try it. Thump a single point three times and see if the third time is protected as the first two? Injury, or passing pain?

Now you have the secret of thumping the Atlas muscled giants, hit them three times in the same point like grandma's old phrase "...the third time's the charm!"

Hence my interest in pressure points is internal injury/ sometimes knockouts, and healing with activation of same. Stumbling onto some of the illness's of O'Sensei may or may not be related to improper training, but then again, O'Sensei did practice healing through sounds and prayer too?

My Buddy, who teaches self defense for military/ FBI started me with Chin-na, the chinese fighting with pressure point, muscle manipulation, and Chi exchange. I was no less skeptical about these things, until physically/medically proven evidence appeared over and over again.

The cool thing about living in this modern age, is not only the openness to prove pressure points work, but how many professionals in the medical field want to find how and why they work? It is an exciting time to debunk the "it just doesn't work theory", which I had held with as did Ginchin Funakoshi, the father of Karate wrote in his book ... until saw it/ tried/ studied it ... with the proper explanations along with implimentation, available in written, researched, and practiced forms

THERE ARE SAFETY CONCERNS WITH PRESSURE POINTS AS THERE ARE FOR SAFE AIKIDO. I get in trouble with these guys because I bring up safety concerns, and I get razed with Aikido guys because I bring up pressure points. If that is luvin' ... I do with a little less luvin'.

The only thing that frightens people doing pressure points, is Aikido.

Go figure?

If we incorporate pressure points into the studies after first kyu. and healing into the kyu studies ... maybe we could live to be one hundred years old and still do Aikido?

Thank you all ... for your insight, outsight, and thoughts. Sorry if I ramble on.
Address personal Email to BrucBaker@aol.com (research references/ books)