View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #26
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: Shioda Gozo Technique

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Where?
Well, on my personal arc of training Don Moriyama; Bernice Tom, (briefly,Kazuo Chiba), as well as my first teacher, who can speak for himself if he chooses (and has on these points raised by you). I see no disconnect in what they do and teach and what I see Shioda did (apart from his level of performance), and, apparently taught. Although your preferred terms take some digesting to fully map from my perspective, I have satisfied myself (but obviously not you) that kokyu tanden ho/(kokyu ryoku underlies everything you address in this area. Like I said -- they are doing it and teaching it --- just not on your terms. The only problem I have seen anywhere else is in striking or forcing technique but that problem does not exist with those I mentioned or their other students I have known.

Let me put the question back, and give the obverse to Jim Sorrentino's question here : http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=23 ): Where exactly have you personally gone and seen the "lack" of which you caution the readers here and what, exactly, have you found lacking in each, specifically, that you felt?

Last edited by Erick Mead : 06-09-2007 at 11:42 PM.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.