Re: Aikido Techniques are Weapons Techniques
Ok, I just want a straight answer Chris. I can't seem to make heads or tails of this.
Pick one or tell me if these are off base conclusions. I am refering to the core training and main purpose that all techniques are really attempting to develop skill for.
1) Aikido is designed for you (the aikidoka) to use a weapon against an unarmed attacker. It's primary focus is weapon retention.Because of this we must assume for aikido to be effective you must always carry a weapon you train with.
2) Aikido is designed to handle attacks from armed attackers while you are unarmed. Because of this it is unable to deal with unamed attacks like grabs, punches, kicks, etc.
3) Aikido is designed to deal with unarmed attacker while you are unarmed.
4) Aikido is designed to deal with an unarmed attacker while you are unarmed, with limited weapon defenses.
5) Aikido is ment to deal with an armed attacker while you are unarmed with limited unarmed defenses.
Once I am clear of the position, I can make a rational conversation.