View Single Post
Old 03-26-2002, 10:34 AM   #7
Bruce Baker
Dojo: LBI Aikikai/LBI ,NJ
KI breathing

Is that anything like learning to breath with yoga, or trancendental meditation, and can I eat meat while practicing .... or should I eat vegetables until I say 'YES, GREAT MUSTARD..."

Yeah, I have a dark sense of humor, but that is because I have been a lot of places, tried a lot of things, and used some of them to overcome health concerns while others have worsened health...

Why don't you just admit that you are trying to increase your capacity for holding energy gained by taking longer more efficient breaths? Funny, that has been around since the dawn of time and increasing physical stamina and fitness? You can do that by learning to breath properly during any part of work, excercise, or play?

If a metronome helps you, go ahead, but it is much easier to use a variety of other breathing techniques for running, fighting, and meditating as each requires different amounts of oxygen to keep the body efficently supplied? What are they?

For the curious, you may Email BrucBaker@aol.com, otherwise ... you will find the answer in studies of Yoga, meditation, martial arts, and continued studies of physical endeavors. Or, get someone who actually knows why we use certain exercises in Aikido to breath and you will have most answers, but I have yet to meet one ... I guess I have to travel a bit more?