View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 05:23 AM   #112
philippe willaume

United Kingdom
Re: Atemi waza: good or bad for Aikido?

Quote:
Larry Novick wrote: View Post
You got it Lynn,, well put. And to me, there ends up indeed being a difference in execution, on a few levels, including feeling. And in my experience, sometimes two things can look the same but in the end, are actually not. I've dealt with that for years.

LN
Hello lynn larry

Yes that i, what i was under the impression Larry was saying, I was not really argumenting against that. May be I was not clear.
What I was trying to get at was that our intent only concerns ourselves our opponent can take it with a different meaning.
It is like written communication on a post I intend to mean something but when someone who reads it may very well understand something else.

The Newtonian expression of Larry intent is occupying the same physical space as one effect of an atemi.
Namely to To make him move and to prevent him to go somewhere

Larry does not mean it as an atemi but striking an atemi that do not make contact will produce the same result.
We will let Uke fall on his own accord.

Yes there is a difference in felling for us and may be for uke (but we can not guaranty that he got our intent right so ).
What I am trying to say is that I believe that the difference are at a subjective level for us but I do not believe that in the Newtonian physics world there is that much difference.

phil

One Ringeck to bring them all and in darkness bind them,
In the Land of Windsor where phlip phlop live.