View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:39 AM   #48
Ecosamurai

Dojo: Takagashira Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: Internal strength in bowling, fencing, golf, etc.

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
I'm still waiting for something substantive in terms of a "how to". Your Englishness is kewl and I've been interested to hear about your deeds and your teachers and the flaws of other peoples' personalities, but while I see a lot of nods and "we do that, too", I don't see anything else (well, unless you count repeating back Tohei's easily found vaguenesses).
That's a rather interesting way of putting things. Makes me sound like a doer of mighty deeds, lol. Nothing further from the truth really. My teacher is another matter entirely, he can speak for himself and doesn't need my help. As far as flaws in personalities goes, we all have them and if I've pointed any out you've done so at least as much if not more so I think. As to the nods and the we do that too stuff. Well a lot of what you describe we do actually do, so what am I supposed to say? No, we do it differently? Why would I do that?

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
If you know these things, you can explain them in common terms (even if you opt out of doing mathematical analyses). I gave a good solid and fairly complete answer to you yesterday on keeping the undeside heavy. Now, how about explaining the physical how-to's of O-Sensei bouncing someone back who is pushing on his chest. The answer should be able to tell us a lot about what you do.

Regards,

Mike Sigman
The answer will, but it's a tough question and I'd need to think of a good way to describe and explain it in a useful manner. Assuming I even have a good answer, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure I do at this point in time. Unfortunately, my future wife has booked me for the evening and I'm out of time here at work, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Whereupon I'll put it in the how-to thread. Sound ok to you?

Mike

PS - Incidentally, Tohei's vagueness probably isn't all that vague. The stuff in his books is fairly basic, but certainly no more vague than anything you or I have written on the internet IMO.

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
-Martin Luther King Jr