View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #263
Pete Rihaczek
United_States
Re: Ki-Aikido or Taiji - effectiveness in developing Qi?

Quote:
Don Magee wrote: View Post
I'm just stating a fact, rare or not. I can't say I have a method for improving brain surgery until I go perform brain surgery, or someone performs it with my method. I can say it might be good for brain surgery, or even that I think brain surgeons should look at what I'm doing. I can't however say that my method works great for brain surgery if nobody is using it from brain surgery. This has nothing to do with whether or not my technique works great for foot surgery, or even if my technique works great for brain surgery but nobody wants to try it.
Well sure you can say it, it's just that nobody is obligated to believe you because it's opinion, and in this case stated as such. If something increases connection and your ability to transfer power through your body, it's not a huge leap of faith to think that hitting harder is useful. I feel that's one good use, but if someone doesn't want to believe it until they see it in the UFC, do I really care? It's either interesting or not, personal choice. I don't think anyone here is trying to "prove" anything, least of all by writing about it. It's pretty hard to do much more than share opinions on a discussion board. Anything further takes a hands-on.