View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #68
MM
United_States
Re: The internal 'how to' thread... let's hope

Quote:
Mike Haft wrote: View Post
http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12141

Post number 8: "Let's take the "unbendable" arm trick. Supposedly, in a few years, most can do it, right?"

It wasn't intended to be a slight on you saying that you know. I deliberately didn't mention your name for that reason. My point was only that if you start off with a point of view that doesn't include even a basic understanding of unbendable arm, then when you see something like the things that Dan can apparently do it's gonna look really impressive. As opposed to the way you may see it if you know something already.

Mike
But unbendable arm that is taught in a few minutes isn't anywhere near unmoveable arm, is it? That was my whole point. But, if you give someone years of training, then shouldn't that unbendable arm also be the unmoveable arm? It should if they're doing internal training, no? You missed the whole point of my post. Again, if the ki exercises are the same as internal training, then you'll see both with unmovable arm. That's the point. And whether or not the Ki Society has these exercises is the open question that I never answered. Mostly because it depends on the dojo in question, not the society overall.

Mark