View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #11
Cady Goldfield
United_States
Re: Internal strength in bowling, fencing, golf, etc.

Kevin,
About the lady arm wrestler -- The "winky" was meant to mean that I'm being tongue-in-cheek. It was a long time ago, and, truthfully, I have no idea what the lady's gimmick was, whether it was a trick of leverage and quickness, where she learned to arm wrestle that way, or whether she had a clever manager behind her promoting her special brand of "parlor trick." Obviously, she didn't create enough of a sensation to make herself famous (one shot on "Aresenio" isn't exactly a career maker!). Maybe people view these things as just amusing curiosities and nothing more. They may not even care what makes it "work" beyond casual "I wonder how she did that..." musing.

You can watch someone perform what seem to be amazing feats that might or might not require a degree of internal manipulation. But for the vast majority of people, they would not be able to tell that such things were being done. When it is being done, action is not readily visible, only its effects. That's one of the reasons why Justin's continued demand that internal skills be demonstrated publicly in tournaments or UFC in order to prove their existance and legitimacy, is without merit IMO.\

As for internal skills in other activities outside MAs, I have wondered how it would affect, say, American pro football, and hockey (our NHL could really use some help ). Now that would be some interesting stuff.

Last edited by Cady Goldfield : 04-08-2007 at 04:41 PM.