View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #141
DH
United_States
Re: Ki-Aikido or Taiji - effectiveness in developing Qi?

Quote:
Kit Leblanc wrote: View Post
Sneaky, you added that in while I was replying.

Actually, I don't recall you EVER mentioning MMA back in the old Aiki-wars days on E-Budo, or elsewhere until fairly recently. It was all koryu - admittedly with some judo thrown in.

You talked about training resistance, for sure, but then again there was talk about "no touch pins" and the "electric fish flop" from Cady as well, so all I am saying is I'm keeping the salt shaker handy...

Oooh really? It wasn't called MMA then. The aiki stuff? Ya pin head that was just more debates over what I am still debating here now. Koryu Aiki- the internals and techniques. But all done in modern fighting I don't think I ever saw a classic "form" done in my dojo. Ya missed the part where I said the cramping pins were real -very real- but highly improbable. I did them but neeever advocated even trrying them in the real world. I never even taught wrist locks as anything much useful either.
I argued then as now- on two fronts.
If you come out I'll show you some after training pictures from those days and you can be your own judge as to wehter we were aikifruity. Or you can bop on over to the internal thread hear and ask Andy the thread starter- he was training with me then. Then again ask Cady about her first day training with me?
Aiki fruity? wrong guy Kit...oh my god...wrong guy.
What you missed was- I was comng home having to train it and try it on the Judo guys and my life long playmates- my wifes two giant wresttler cousins. And my guys who could have cared less about wrist grabs. If you came to play you'd have seen knives, twin sticks, and heavy bags. I still beat the drum for Aiki, in as much as it will knock someone out or stop you from throwing me while I threw you.
You thinking I was Aikifruity is on you bud.
With a remark like that If you want to bring salt...
Make it the smelling kind. hah!
Hope to see ya soon, bud

Last edited by DH : 04-02-2007 at 05:39 PM.