View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #136
DH
United_States
Re: Ki-Aikido or Taiji - effectiveness in developing Qi?

Hi Kit
You're on my dance card sometime.
Friendly but skepitcal??
Of what? We both been yaking up grappling for how long?. What are we going to debate?
Are you talking about the bodywork? All we may debate is whether you find these skills and aid to your game or not and how tough you may find it playing with the old man. The game is the game is the game. Leather is leather. Whadda ya think I turned into a Ki bunny? Who do you think you're talking too bubba?:smile:
As for hooking up it's getting to be ridiculous for me out there. There's just no time left man.
You speak to real issues about grapplling, but also there are issues of MMA VS pure grappling as well. Man I wish I was twenty five and single sometimes. There are just too many greats to get out and meet and I know I can't. Argghh!. There is at least some good training with both known and unknowns. I played with 6' 9" guy last year with internal skills trying to get in the UFC. Trains on 320lb. water bags. We're trying to get Tim out here to the east coast to play and teach and I'll be there hopefully as a co-sponser!! Can you spell lots of one-on-one training? I want to feel Tim's take on all this. I know he has very good BJJ skills. But I want to see if he has good internals as well.

At least we know folks don't have to be convinced any more of the truths of good grappling and MMA being the great equalizer. That's at least done. I'm an old fart I still remember the days of trashing many TMAers with simply no clue how to move and fight.

Last edited by DH : 04-02-2007 at 05:01 PM.