View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #12
Mark Jakabcsin
Dojo: Charlotte Systema, Charlotte, NC
United_States
Re: Ki-Aikido or Taiji - effectiveness in developing Qi?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
a. One may have correct knowledge of some, many or most internal training methods and have very good skills in them and is very tough and difficult to handle.
b. Aikido, can't touch him, Judo has a tough time with him as well, yet-good MMA'er defeats him.
Does that mean internal skills are no good and fighters are better? For most people who only see whats in front of them-it means yes.

What it really means that in an all out fight- fighters win. If you don't know how to fight you can't fight. Period
Dan,
I have long felt and said that in a fight the meanest guy wins 9 out of 10 times. The portion of your post above agrees with my statement at least to some degree but seems to imply more. For much of my life I felt the ability to be mean (i.e. fight) and anger were the same thing or at least closely related. However the last few years Vladimir has shown me that the two are not the same and that anger actually hinders ones ability to fight affectively. This topic has become a larger part of my personal training. Any additional thoughts you care to share on the subject are greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Mark J.