View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 03:35 PM   #94
Ecosamurai

Dojo: Takagashira Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: Dan, Mike, and Aikido

Quote:
Joshua Reyer wrote: View Post
Sounds like you're taking their necessary generalizations far too personally.

SNIP

If you understand what they say to be true, and you have the abilities they speak of, obviously they aren't talking about you when
they say, "These skills aren't in Aikido like they should be." Frankly, Mike, even if these skills are common and developed throughout all of the KNK and its off-shoots, that still leaves the majority of aikido practioners: the lion's share of those under the Aikikai umbrella, Yoshinkan, and Shodokan.
Perhaps I am taking things too personally, but when I get PMs from people telling me that I simply don't understand, that Dan Harden is the worlds greatest living budo master I begin to question what exactly he is teaching people really.

As to the rest, as I said in my other post, my teacher has often said that these things are for Doshu to do. I agree with him too, it is the job of the leader of the way to lead. If the Aikikai hasn't listened to these things for the last 35 years what makes anyone think they'll start listening now?

As I said before this basically is just one more in a long series of Ki wars. Been done, many many many times before now.

Mike

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
-Martin Luther King Jr