View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 09:29 AM   #2
MM
United_States
Re: "Non-Aikido Martial Traditions" Forum

Quote:
Jun Akiyama wrote: View Post
Dear AikiWeb Members,

I have just created a new Non-Aikido Martial Traditions forum in the AikiWeb Forums.

Please direct all discussions on martial traditions not specifically regarding aikido into this forum. This includes topics based on "aiki" concepts rooted outside of aikido proper, discussions which rely upon non-aikido jargon, and threads otherwise focusing on non-aikido martial traditions. Both the explicit content as well as the implicit intent of each topic will be considered.

I ask for your cooperation in moving and starting discussions of these kinds to the Non-Aikido Martial Traditions forum from now on; please respect these wishes as a part of your responsibiliy in participating in the AikiWeb community.

Thank you,

-- Jun
Hi Jun,

Out of everything here, I finally find one thing I disagree with. Not bad, really. But that disagreement is the name of the new forum. As I posted on the other thread, it relegates everything in this new forum as not belonging to aikido at all. In one stroke, all debate is done and over. None of the "aiki" topics being discussed will ever be seen as part of aikido. No one will view threads in this topic as having any importance at all in the aikido world. I would rather have seen the forum titled "Non-Traditional Aikido" than this. Any possibility of a name change?

Thanks,
Mark