View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #55
MM
United_States
Re: Aikido as External Art -or- Where's the Chewy Center?

Quote:
Matt Sloan wrote: View Post
man I had to go back and read the original post again, I couldn't remember it because of all the babble. my thought is Aikido starts with waza but ends with internal. If you are just doing waza you are not doing Aikido. To make Aikido techniques effective I have found you have to let go of all thoughts, all fears, all adrenalin, ect. if you have to think about how u are going to go about taking someone out it won't work. O'sensei was able to do what he did because it was a natural reaction, he didn't think Sankajo! it just happened. My past Aikido instructor was very great, I could punch, kick, grab, for Real! and he would have me down so fast, it was like being stuck in a vortex.
Not strength was used, just speed, timing and Ki.
I think we all have internal power and we a capable of great feats but you must train your mind and spirit capable to tap into it.
IMO you're completely on the wrong track with your post. As Dan states every now and then, 180 degrees in the wrong direction.

It starts with internal. That's what gives it the rubbery-hard center with which all else springs.

Mark