Thread: Jiyushinkai
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #9
Mark Jakabcsin
Dojo: Charlotte Systema, Charlotte, NC
United_States
Re: Aikido Transmission and Class Size

Quote:
Chuck Clark wrote: " I have the responsibility to lead, teach, and provide the transmission process that I recieved to the best of my ability. If I do this properly, juniors then continue to provide very high quality problems for me to solve so that my own training continues to grow and learning never stops."

Wow. That quote goes into my training journal and I hope I can live up to it in some small way. The small amount of teaching I have been doing in the last few years has opened my eyes more than I imagined. How I love people with new/different perspectives, as they constantly challenge me to see things in a new light. Chuck you beautifully verbalize what it means to learn from everyone. Thanks.

Quote:
George S. Ledyard wrote: View Post
......... I'd be interested in hearing how you set things up so that the skills you have get transmitted to the folks down the line and not just to your personal students training with you every day...
I'll second that. As a post or a book I would really love to hear how you (Chuck and George) teach, how you transmit, and how you communicate. While specific skills are interesting I am finding myself more and more interested in the skill of sharing. This is seldom easy as sharing is generally a two way street and requires as much input as output. I recoginze I have a long way to go here and any assistance is greatly appreciate. Please keep us informed of any public material you have available.

Take care,

Mark J.