View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #16
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: "Aikido is Misogi"

Quote:
Robert John wrote:
It's not that it's wrong so much as the guy was simply regurgitating whatever stuff he'd been fed without any actual "physical" understanding of what was going on. (Not to mention that from the description he gave his teacher has zip knowledge as well) Maybe that sounds harsh, but it is what it is.
... Well, ... ill-informed, presumptuous, mean, condescending, cheap and generally un-neighborly -- but "harsh" -- no, not really ...
Quote:
Robert John wrote:
Here's the other thing, I think those kind of uninformed and half assedly formed posts do more harm in that they potentially point some beginners in the wrong direction.
Other than that I couldn't care less about vortexs of water swirling meaningleslly in the body
Seeing as neither you nor I nor any of our interlocutors here are the arbiters of the "right direction," try being a bit kinder, even when trying to correct. Even when you mean well, your words may not be taken as intended.

This place is as much for his exploration as it is for yours. More so, maybe ...

And since this will seemingly devolve into the same eternal conflict you guys cannot seem to put to one side -- let me sum up and close, for the record, with the perrenial advice given for such interminable obsessions:

"... ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam."

I doubt that "internal skills" will aid you in grasping the immediate significance of that. Google might, -- but the deeper issue driving it will likely remain hidden, as always.

Last edited by Erick Mead : 02-18-2007 at 12:07 AM.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.