View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 11:54 PM   #322
Eddie deGuzman
Dojo: Kuroishi/Kitakyushu
Japan
Re: Baseline skillset

Quote:
Raul Rodrigo wrote:
Eddie, I cant figure out if you're telling me that you know what happened and its no big deal. ("Its not mysterious to me.") Or that you don't know and are as mystified as the rest of us. Your posts seem to be going in both directions at the same time. Or maybe i am dense.
Forgive me Raul if I made it seem like it was no big deal. It wasn't my intention. Keeping it simple for a noobie per eyrie's request was something of a different subject.

What I meant is that from what I understand of the description you gave, it sounded like the kokyu waza we do in the dojo every class. It's just that some people are better at it than others. But to say it clearly, yes, I think I can do what I believe you described.

But to describe how I do what I do without using the vocabulary that I am familiar with is difficult. It's like saying describe air without using the words oxygen, gas, breathe, etc. Perhaps someone else can do that. Fine, it's just an analogy and it doesn't really matter. As was the basketball comment.

And this is not to say that kokyu is an easy thing to do. It's not. I've been at this for while too. I just lack a way to describe it. I am interested in what Mike has to say about the Chinese arts and their way of explaining energy/forces/etc. A link to some supplemental reading would be nice. English books are a little hard to come by here.

Have a nice weekend,
Eddie