View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #110
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Baseline skillset

Quote:
Erick Mead wrote:
Rather than criticise further let me pose a question. Since in a "natural" parallel stance, the feet are carried directly under the body there is no "back leg" --- What are you talking about?
Erick.... you simply do not have any idea what we're talking about. GO SEE SOMEONE WHO CAN SHOW YOU.
Quote:
To make clear my position, in a natural parallel stance, with the feet underneath me and a centerline chest push I turn into and enter toward the pusher with weight on the ball of the big toe of the foot on the hip that is entering, as Shioda and Saito seem to suggest. The push is not making direct connection with my center, and I do not have to "ground" any force other than my own weight.
Because you have no idea what we're talking about, you repeatedly try to substitute our discussions about basic kokyu/jin with commentary about technique. I don't know in how many threads I've repeatedly stated that we are NOT talking about techniques, but about how to build up the core strengths that are needed in order to do Aikido correctly, as opposed to using normal muscular strength.

Regards,

Mike Sigman