Old 01-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #14
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Re: Article: The Elusive Aiki by Lynn Seiser

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote:
That was a good post.

I guess one of my questions is,

Have you found a teaching methodology yourself? (Please don't view that the wrong way. It's a genuine question because I really don't have a clue as to how one could build something like that)

If so, is it something that you can teach other teachers to use? And would a seminar be enough time?

As for the Expos. They were all West Coast. I never did understand that reasoning. If you're going to bring together that many great teachers, why not locate it centrally where everyone can reach it? If you want to reach the people, you have to be reachable. There are a lot of Aikido people out there who can't afford to fly to California but could carpool to say St. Louis. Or have one on each coast rather than all three on one coast.
To the extent that I understand some element, I can teach it. Of course, you can have something explained, even be able to experience some success on exercises that demonstrate a given principle, and you still have years of on the mat time to be able to actualize that understanding naturally throughout your technique. But at least at that point you are aware of exactly what your are shooting for and if you don't get it you have a good idea what you need to be working on to get there.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com