View Single Post
Old 02-17-2002, 03:28 PM   #5
lt-rentaroo
Hello,

Jim - You drink your bathwater?

I could understand the qoute if it was p*ssing in your own beer and then complaining about the taste, but bathwater? Oh well, to each his own

OK, now seriously. I'm with the rest of you fellows on this one. If you spend your time training worrying about injuring someone, you will inevitably, even though inadvertently, hurt someone. This is that whole self-fulfilled prophecy thing.

I train to learn not to hurt people, although occasionally a sore wrist occurs. Hmm, it's all in the name of progress. How does that saying go, "you've got to break a few eggs to make an omlet." Now don't misunderstand, I do not condone needless roughhousing or contests of strength that may lead to injury in the dojo. But the simple fact of the matter is, no matter how hard you try to prevent injury and no matter how much you worry about hurting someone, it will happen. When it does happen, learn from it, and don't do the same thing again.

p.s. Colleen - you posted while I was composing my message. Please disregard the "fellows" reference. Have a good day ma'am.

Last edited by lt-rentaroo : 02-17-2002 at 03:30 PM.

LOUIS A. SHARPE, JR.