View Single Post
Old 02-16-2002, 12:04 PM   #15
Sid
Lightbulb Off topic.

/quote
It really gets up my nose when people bleat "Aikido is all about blending, so why aren't you just meekly agreeing with everything thats said."

Utter bollocks.

This is a forum for discussion, and if you can't handle a discussion in which people express their point of view then stay away.

Theres a distinct whiff of hipocrasy about levelling an entirely unneccessary personal criticism against someone because you feel they are too confrontational. If you can't tell the difference between an exchange of views on an internet forum and a bar-room brawl you have serious problems with reality.

Aikido has atemi as well as blending, and a slap in the mush can also be 'aiki'. If my harsh words hurt you, GET A GRIP! Its just a bunch of text on a computer screen for goodness sake.

--rant ends--

Have a nice day.
/quote

Point about atemi taken - I agree with it. It *is* a forum for discussion, and I aplogise profusely if what I said was taken personally.

Unfortunately, in my "flawed reality", I don't think that one needs to "slap" someone who is trying to make an honest point.

"Hypocritical personal criticism" - need I say more?

Have a nice day to you too.

Sid