View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #19
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Aikido of Northern Virginia
Germany
Re: "Proactive" Aikido?

Larry,

Min is awesome to train with. It is always a very humbling experience for me to work with him. It has been a few years, but I can always recall the strength, power, and yet the gentleness and flow of his aikido. I can only assume he has gotten better over the years.

I always try and fight him and typically end up regretting it as he very soundly and tactically takes my balance.

I think Min and I (and others at NOVA), have been very fortunate over the years to have very good instructors and sensei. They have always challenged us to think and work things out for ourselves, and have not made it easy on us as we walk on this path.

I for one cannot WAIT to get back to ANV and once again train on a regular basis.

You really need to train there with are Jimmy Sorentino, Mike Lasky, Min, and there are many, many others. We are fortunate to have so many well rounded and accomplished aikidoka there. Those guys know more about aikido and martial arts in general than I ever will.

What I am is one of those good knucklehead ukes that are fun to throw around the dojo, that is a throwing dummy.