View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 12:11 AM   #253
statisticool
United_States
Re: How to teach and train relaxation

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
..is that his god, Cheng Man Ching, clearly differentiated between this form of strength and "li". If CMC was so wrong, why is Justin such a fanatic follower, hosting webpages in adulation of Cheng Man Ching? Weird, isn't it?
I think there's a clear non-religious reason why martial artists like CMC have info webpages and other people do not. It probably has to do with them having accomplishments and being one of the early taijiquan pioneers in the US and having great students.

But I'm still not sure (and you obviously aren't) why CMC or anyone else even enters in the discussion when you are directly asked questions. We're talking about your conception of 'internal' stuff, not Cheng's.

If you have a personal fued with Robert Smith or CMC, I suggest you write some articles or a book and present your theories to the martial arts community instead of discussion forum outbursts. It would be quite an interesting read, maybe.

But it would be even more interesting if a demonstration of the efficacy of the 'ground strength vector' in a full resistance/contact match would be videotaped for us all to see. Do any exist?

Last edited by statisticool : 12-24-2006 at 12:16 AM.

A secret of internal strength?:
"Let your weight from the crotch area BE in his hands."