View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #105
DH
United_States
Re: For Ted Ehara - Boundary of your aikido?

Eric
I'd only echo the comments you are getting here and in that other thread from Mike. Get out and feel this stuff. I pretty much think your wrong (all do respect) on two counts:
1. That it has nothing to do with aikido
2, That you even know what it is we're talking about to say it is not relevant in the first place.

I can tell you I've not met the man, (*note* hundreds of people) who has not felt this and didn't say it was anything but extremenly useful.
As for AIkido? What I said to Mark and Rob and two other Aikido guys now training here is "Do whatever you want. I'll stop you and I won't do a single thing to hurt you nor will I do a technique."
"All your efforts will just be meangingless."

Where does that leave us? Hmm.....Lets think.... Stop an attack without causng harm. Hmmm.....where have I heard that?

It is the very essence of the spirit of Aikido.....and boundless in expression.

And as we have stated over and over its in a lot of places- in whole or in part. I am playing with a group of CMA'ers twice next week. Just exploring and having fun.
I told them to bring slide rules, chaulk boards, measuring devices, and laser pointers. Otherwise they'de be hopelessly lost to get it and explain it.

Cheers
Dan

Last edited by DH : 12-15-2006 at 02:50 PM.