View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 03:21 PM   #24
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: How to teach and train relaxation

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
In the case of the Ki Society people (I didn't test them all, but this seems in my mind to be a fair general observation based on what I did get to feel), it appeared that too many of them thought the end-point of forces should be their "One Point" and what happened was that they didn't often appear to have the full solidity they would have had if they had understood that the body simply conveys the ground to their push, so that they are pushing the ground. Once that basic power is understood, it can be manipulated in all sorts of interesting ways.
Incidentally, Shaner Sensei was pretty good with his forces, etc., but a couple of times when he directed someone to push him harder he got caught out, just like all of us do at one time or another, and had to make slight compensation with his hips in order not to be pushed over. For the intellectually inclined, that should be enough to tell you that we're dealing with the laws of physics and not the Ki of the Universe... or that somehow these terms are being co-mingled.

Think. Experiment.

Regards,

Mike