View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 08:52 AM   #14
Dennis Hooker
Dojo: Shindai Dojo, Orlando Fl.
Smile Re: Train of thought

Then of course there is the possibility that Ueshiba created something new. Something that transcends the traditional or conventional. He was not a Japanese conformist in the usual sense after all. So many people suppose he lost something after the war. They conjecture his Aikido was by some means or measure less than it was in his earlier years. I believe he was an innovator and a creative genius not a shadow of some crusty old badger that liked to hurt people as some would have us believe. Some people seem to say we don't know what he did so he must not have done it, or we are so good he and you could not possibly fathom our greatness. To that I say bullshit. I like that word, it covers so much ground. I believe his Aikido before and after the war was different but I believe his art was different by design that he transcended what he and it was and became something more that his/its parts. I have no desire to look to the past to find the true meaning of Aikido. I believe it is before me and I believe it is obtainable. No some folks are going to stomp there feet, ball the fists, jump up and down and hold their breath and holler NO you got to do it my way because you can't possibly understand if you don't. To them I say calm down it will be all right if we are right too. Can't we all just get along?

Insert big smiley face here

Last edited by Dennis Hooker : 12-01-2006 at 08:56 AM.

Dennis Hooker: (DVD) Zanshin and Ma-ai in Aikido
https://www.createspace.com/238049

www.shindai.com