View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #19
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Discussion of Summer Camp 2006 on AJ

Quote:
Erick Mead wrote:
I'll consider it and comment on the points made.
I know. I can DO that in kokyu tanden ho, tenchinage, shionage, and so on -- just not nearly as consistently yet as I might like,
You know... Erick... you took at shot at me below about "seminars". You may not realize it, but I only do seminars IF I feel like them. And only on a whimsical basis. I don't teach. You do. You don't know what you're talking about and that's in regard to basics. If I were you, from now on I wouldn't mention George Ledyard or Dennis Hooker or whomever... you need to stop the personal stuff and start thinking. Perhaps what you "DO" in "kokyu tanden ho, tenchinage, shihonage", etc., is simply wrong. It sounds like it is, to me. You need to do more than "consider" Inaba's remarks... you need to cut back and go into think and research mode. And you need to think about the welfare of the people that you're "teaching".
Quote:
hence the motivation to explore these issues so intently by other means ... You may be free to wander the country at need for seminars -- some of us are not.
You may get some admiration because you wear a hakama, Erick, but the personal shots are fairly absurd. And hey... if you think a "teacher" who obviously doesn't understand kokyu-power going to move me with personal opinion, you need to re-read my remarks about the "existing hierarchy". I don't care.

Regards,

Mike Sigman