View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #17
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Discussion of Summer Camp 2006 on AJ

OK, I see the context. In which case I withdraw my comment about vibration and shaking... which, although true, is not what you're talking about in this case.

In this case, the "vibration", to cut to the chase, has to do with the famed "six-directions", Erick, and the strange "tension" effects on the fascial wrappings and the fascia through the muscles. But that is well outside of this conversation. The point is that your reading of "vibrations" as supporting your "gyrational motion" is still wrong.

In terms of the Yao family and Wang's daughter... they have one organization. There are other teachers and organizations. Let me see if it adds anything to curtail your diversion into Yiquan by telling you that I have been aware of yiquan and am on forums with yiquan practitioners... and have been for some time.

If you want to take the general training format of Yiquan as something to examine, I'd be happy to do it. I've recommended the *general approach* for a number of years. The general approach though, contains nothing that I haven't now heard of in various aspects of Aikido.

Regards,

Mike Sigman