View Single Post
Old 02-02-2002, 06:37 PM   #62
Kenshin75
Dojo: I dont have one yet, Im still looking ..
Sorry about that, I didnt mean for it to sound like I was saying that all Cops are aikidoka running around. Its just that I have a couple friends ( CHP, SDHD ),family, and The man who fueled my love for the art many years ago( even though I havent been able to train ) was a Riverside Sheriff. Plus I am Taking post certified police classes at the moment. and even though.. What they learn may not look as pretty, It seams that some aikidoka fail to realize that what we practice in the dojo is "Idealized".

As Far as distance goes... Your right... Its tough to maintain it...

The question I think the man was posting was more about defending against a boxer while sparring in a controled environment ( assumeing its a friend of his )...
And I would say... It would be tough. In that type of setting its his game... But on the street( yes Ive been in my share of fights in my younger years, not to mention been around some resently, booze at big partys sometimes does that.. )And I have yet to see anyone who is intent on knocking your block off, take the time to bob and weave, jab, jab cross.. type of stuff...

Anyhow,.. I Enjoyed the link to MacYoung though...

respectfully....