View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #225
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: Aikido: The learning of natural movement

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
You don't seem to understand ... ... you don't already know it. ... You simply don't know basics. ... you've done nothing to support your assertions.
Please. Just call me "ignoramus," get it over with and move on. It will save time in confirming the absence of any actual argument.
Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
Insofar as your casting Tohei out of the fold because he didn't really understand proper Aikido, I really have no comment.
Really, now. That is a debate I distinctly declined to enter ...
Quote:
Erick Mead wrote:
Wherein you point out the precise question that eventually divided Tohei from Aikikai. Way above my paygrade.
I think there is no debate that it happened, and I expressed, and express no opinion on exactly why, who left whom, and whether justified or not.
Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
.. and "nei jia", which you compared Taiji to out of the blue, with the idea that I had first made that attribution. I never did. I have no idea where your brain-hiccup is, but you appear to have lost yourself.
Perhaps you should read as well ... actually you brought that strawman up wholly on your own -- don't go blaming me ...
Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
I don't know of a single westerner who I'd consider skilled in Taiji, Bagua, etc
Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
Frankly, you appear to have no idea of what "internal strength" means and surely you don't think that Taiji is "resistive", do
you?
Quote:
MIke Sigman wrote:
I don't think this is very productive, Erick.
On that we agree, since I made a few more substantive points you snipped away as though that disposes of them. But it is a bunch of fun. I'm having fun, are you?

And while we're counting strawmen -- there's this one, too:
Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
You've already cast Tohei to the wolves for "resisting", without seeming to have remembered that many of Ueshiba's 'ki demo's' also involved him resisting a push to the head, to the stomach, to the leg, to the jo, etc.

Last edited by Erick Mead : 11-22-2006 at 03:55 PM.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.