View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 02:46 PM   #221
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Aikido: The learning of natural movement

Quote:
Erick Mead wrote:
Thank you, Mike, for confirming the distinction I have made. In which case -- Tell me again why are we having this conversation??
Now what? Erick, maybe you should go back and read the previous conversations. You don't seem to understand the difference between "neijin" (which Aikido, Taiji, Bagua, Japanese sword arts, etc., all use) and "nei jia", which you compared Taiji to out of the blue, with the idea that I had first made that attribution. I never did. I have no idea where your brain-hiccup is, but you appear to have lost yourself.
Quote:
But why do you keep talking like any of that really has anything to do with aikido, which you are willing to admit?
"Nei jin", Erick. It has everything to do with Aikido. The problem here is really not that this is a worthwhile debate, but the fact that you don't already know it. Yet you "teach".
Quote:
內 家 have no moral or principled advantage over 外家, they are just less obvious in operation. They simply compress the same resistant mind and body into a much smaller arc. Which your overall responses to my points and questions only confirms me in believing.

Similarly, Jin/Jing 勁 has no principled advantage over Li 力.
Li 理 "internal principle or structure" however, does have a distinct advantage over both of them, and it is this latter mode or principle in which Aiki properly operates and exploits.
Again, I'll say it. You simply don't know basics. Despite your lengthy post, which I'm snipping, you won't address the areas I mentioned 3 times. You forget that it was you who started this particular tangent of assertions that neijin has nothing to do with Aikido. Other than assert it and then dodge and weave, you've done nothing to support your assertions. In fact, other than mentioning your own "studies", you haven't been able to knowledgeably discuss the first detail of jin and you even seem to be blowing this very physical phenomenon off with the idea the you have some book-larnin' in Chinese philosophical concepts. Guess what, BTW? Confucious (Kung Fu Tzu) understood how to develop and use ki skills and he wrote extensively about it.

Insofar as your casting Tohei out of the fold because he didn't really understand proper Aikido, I really have no comment.

Regards,

Mike Sigman