How aikido helps me in real life
- Keeps me happy.
- Gives me awareness of body.
- Keeps me calm (this saved me from house fire once)
- Helps me communicate with others.
- Increases confidance - so when walking in streets of São Paulo people don't want to mug me.
- Reduces risk of heart attack and helps avoid addictive behaviors
- Provides social network and support.
Next time someone asks if aikido works
please refer them here. I value very practical aikido and have fought off some challengers in shiel establishing dojo in Africa, but that's not how aikido really works for me. I have yet to fight off a hoard of Mongolian warriors but respects if you have :-)
How does aikido work for you in your actual non-fantasy real life (tm)?
Not the one importnat time you need it for self defence, but the rest of the time.
Keep it real youall,
Ali Mark G
"your trophy is your head" - Saotome Shihan