Old 11-13-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
Peter Goldsbury
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan
Re: Article: 'Sincere' Attacks: A Platonic Dialogue by Peter Goldsbury

Quote:
Szczepan Janczuk wrote:
It is some sort of false myth, urban legend, in the very first technique in 'Budo' -- ikkyo, Founder shows clearly how to deal with this situation. I'm really shocked you are trying to perpetuate such nonsense, Peter.

Then you talk about 'honest' attacks with 'real intent'

It is very true. 99.99% of aikidoka can only imagine how to cut with a sword, because they never did it physicaly. And their imagination fails completly -- it is to be expected. Honest attack with real intend with a sword(bokken or live blade) by someone who use to train sword 1-2 years will be deadly for most aikido high ranking aikido instructors. I'm not kidding here. I had quite few personal experiences, it is way safer I don't do very honest attack and without intend -- otherwise nage will not have time to blink -- and I'm really beginner in sword arts. The same situation will happened with some good kicker or grapler. Better to pray them for friendly attack

So it looks like 'honest' attacks with 'real intent' is simply another urban legend?
I think you must think harder where and how to find another excuse for aikido weakeness
Do not argue ad hominem.

This is a dialogue between two hypothetical people that sets out some commonly held issues. I called this a Platonic dialogue, so you should not assume that I necessarily identify with either of the views espoused.

P A Goldsbury