View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 08:43 AM   #6
Ecosamurai

Dojo: Takagashira Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: Criss Angel and Koichi Tohei

Quote:
Guillaume Erard wrote:
as a scientist, I find it hard to believe since no study has ever shown the manifestation of theis Ki.
The thing that bemuses me the most is the video where OS holds a stick pushed at a 90 degrees angle by several students. Did he actually control his Ki or his student's mind? We might actually be looking at the wrong person during these exercises...

Does anyone here has personnally experienced (or mastered??) one of these exrecises?
I can do all the things seen in the video, admittedly I've not tried it with that many people pushing but certainly if you can handle two people (which I have done in the past) it shouldn't make a difference, the 'tricks' aren't very hard and I'm not a particularly advanced student either for that matter. The jo trick I have never tried so I'm at a loss to explain it but maybe I'll do some investigating on the subject.

I too am a scientist by trade and I personally have no problem with the concept of ki as being anything other than scientific, I do not regard it as mystical. I prefer to think of 'ki' as being 'mind', and just as gravity is a force which only affects things which have mass, ki may be construed as a force which only affects things which have 'mind'.

Anyway, got to go, back to work...

Mike

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
-Martin Luther King Jr