View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:32 PM   #16
batemanb

Dojo: Seibukan Aikido UK
Re: Video of Seichiro Endo Shihan

Needless to say, I disagree with Nagababa too. It's all too easy to poo poo people just by watching a video, and Nagababa does it all too often, without ever showing us how it really should be done, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

I haven't trained with Endo Sensei nearly as much as I would have liked, nor as much as I could have (should have made more effort when I was living in Tokyo), but in the 5 or 6 times I have trained with him, he has been nothing but a pleasure. If uke's give a committed attack, he will have you falling all over the shop plain and simple.

Whilst not training with Endo sensei that much, I have trained a lot more with Nakao sensei, also a student of Yamaguchi sensei, and now a student of Endo sensei. What they do is a joy, it may not suit those that like their aikido to appear hard and strong, because it looks too soft, apparently, but I promise you the power in their techniques is equal to any aikido you will find elsewhere, including Nagababa's.

I know Ron's been on the end of Nakao sensei, so he has a good idea of what it might be like to be on the end of Endo sensei. Anyone who get's the chance to train with either of these teachers should do so, it will only be a benefit, regardless of what you may think after watching the video footage.

rgds
Bryan

A difficult problem is easily solved by asking yourself the question, "Just how would the Lone Ranger handle this?"