View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 06:55 AM   #81
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: What is Weight Transfer(Taijuuidou)??

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
Hmmmm... I'm not sure that's what Erick is talking about. If it is, it's not what I'm talking about.
If I understand the typical application for these kind of robots, the gyro rate sensor (probably piezoelectric) merely senses the upsetting moment, and the same type of cog actuators operate to give the restoring moment in both cases. In fairness to Mike, the restoring moment mechanism here is equivalent to the "lever, pulley" static system he is talking about. Neither robot has a double universal jointed hip. I am talking about gyroscopic mechanics as a means to damp sway.

Both robots have feet that, on a human, would be about eighteen inches square. Their static stabiity solves most of their dynamic stability problems, through simple floor leverage. They do not demonstrate the supercritical stability that is associated with the most keen examples of dynamic human poise. A ballerina en pointe is not using the same mechanisms to damp her sway. Nor is an aikidoka in koshinage.

And I don''t know about you, but fighting in clown shoes is not waza I have any familiarity with -- perhaps it is dumboku-ryu ...

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.