View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 08:30 PM   #55
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: What is Weight Transfer(Taijuuidou)??

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
It's an interesting theory, Erick. I think it's off the mark of the practical forces behind "kokyu", etc., but to each his own.
Not a bit of theory in that last. ALL fact. Direct demonstration of the right hand rule, too. I am fairly detailed in my premises on theory in the other posts, and they are open to any attack or rebuttal you care to make. If you choose to say "No, I don't think so" it is your privilege, But, please be so kind as to supply us with your thoughts to substitute in consideration.

I have attempted to meet directly and in detail all the questions asked of me in this discussion, and I am open to more. You apparently have no more quesitons of me on this point and have reached a judgment. Please tell us what that conclusions frame your judgment and on what determinations or assumptions those conclusions were based.

Please favor us with a similarly detailed version of your understanding of the practical forces underlying "kokyu." Your response indicates distinct scepticism as to kokyu as a useful working concept. Fair enough -- detail a better set of alternative premises that we can judge on their own merits. Rebuttal to demonstrate a different case will advance the discussion far more than unsupported denial based on unspecified opinion.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.