Thread: Spiritual power
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2002, 06:18 PM   #2
Arianah
Dojo: Aikido of Norwalk
Hi there!

The question isn't too bizarre. Actually there is another thread very related to this that you might want to check out:

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showth...&threadid=1307

I think that though people can do amazing things, and O'Sensei was truly an amazing man, that one must hold some skepticism. O'Sensei's students revered him, and perhaps stories that have been passed along by them have been exaggerated (or maybe even fabricated--that would be sad, but you never know.) Though I believe that there are endless possibilities, the likelihood of one man mastering so much skill as is related in some of the stories about O'Sensei is pretty slim. I say this with no disrespect, but it is human nature to make someone you respect sound even better than he or she actually is. Don't get me wrong; I'm not a pure skeptic. Actually, I buy into a lot more than I probably should.

About O'Sensei's kiai, I've heard (don't remember where--most likely on this board) that when he was practicing, people within a mile could hear his kiai. And noise can paralyze temporarily . . . hmm . . .

Arianah