View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 03:00 AM   #2
Thalib

Dojo: 合気研究会
Indonesia
Re: Article: Revolution by Ross Robertson

Robertson-sensei,

Your article is one of the explanations that I want to illustrate regarding "center" or "one point" ( 一点 ).

The image that shows the three planes intersecting each other at one point, was similar to what I have imagined. The only difference was that I imagined it in circular fields creating a sphere.

I agree with the egocentricity that you mentioned. There is a third center, like you point out in the article. The way I visualize it is that the uke and tori's center expand in a sphere and then it will meet in a tangent point creating the third center.

Of course this does not necessarily exclusive to seika-tanden/itten, it could also refer to the point when two opposing forces meet. For example: when nage is accepting a shomen, there is a point made between the uke's arm and the nage's arm, where the forces regardless which one is stronger, cancels each other out - the third center.

Well... I guess what I'm talking right now is gibberish because I'm trying to put the visuals inside my head into words. I guess it's not easy as it seems. Tried it in my multiply page .

Last edited by Thalib : 09-08-2006 at 03:02 AM. Reason: edit kanji

When I have to die by the sword, I will do so with honor.
--------
http://funkybuddha.multiply.com/