View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 12:55 AM   #33
Gwion
Dojo: New York Ki-Aikido
United_States
Re: Aikido is Love text

Quote:
Justin Smith wrote:
All life is a manifestation of the spirit, the manifestation of love.
Morihei Ueshiba

Each and every master, regardless of the era or the place, heard the call and attained harmony with heaven and earth. There are many paths leading to the top of Mount Fuji, but there is only one summit - love.
Morihei Ueshiba

Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.
Morihei Ueshiba

The Way of a Warrior is based on humanity, love, and sincerity; the heart of martial valor is true bravery, wisdom, love, and friendship. Emphasis on the physical aspects of warriorship is futile, for the power of the body is always limited.
Morihei Ueshiba

Aikido does not rely on weapons or brute force to succeed; instead we put ourselves in tune with the universe, maintain peace in our own realms, nurture life, and prevent death and destruction. The true meaning of the term "samurai" is one who serves and adheres to the power of love.
Morihei Ueshiba

If only we could all not "get very far"..

Justin
right on Justin.

We need people like you to keep the true spirit of Aikido alive. The great thing about Aikido, is that it seems to bring people around in spite of themselves. I started off thinking it was about throwing and kicking ass, but the more I do it, the more I realize what a child I was before, and how far I have to go now. Everyday that I let the spirit of love and harmony with my fellow man conquer my ego and my anger, I feel one step closer to Osensei.

--Wayne