View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 07:26 PM   #5
SteveTrinkle
Dojo: Aikido Kenkyukai International
United_States
Re: AKI Pennsylvania Seminar with Kirisawa Naoki Sensei 5th Dan

On behalf of AKI Pennsylvania I would like to express our deep thanks and respect to all of you who made the seminar with Kirisawa Sensei a wonderful experience for our members. I don't know if I should name names here, but I will anyway. Garrett Sensei, Mike & Pam Senseis, Dwayne Sensei and Nakako san, Eric Sensei; all your dojo members - thank you all so much. Our members had a fantastic time training with you and your students. Steve Sensei and his wife, who drove all the way from Richmond, VA to train with us - and drove back before I could thank them properly or even offer them a beer.... Ron - our long-time friend, without whom no AKI Pennsylvania event would be complete....

The AKI Pennsylvania members are mostly pretty new to aikido - all of you who attended offered us much more than good training together - you demonstrated for us some of the real spirit of aikido.
We saw Kirisawa Sensei off at the airport yesterday (on his way to visit AKI Santa Barbara) and we are all still buzzing from the weekend. Kirisawa Sensei also had a lot of fun and talked about how comfortable he feels in the Philadelphia area.
I don't know what to say about the enbukai. I wish there had been more people ( I was really hoping at least one TV channel would show up...) We all liked watching each dojo demonstrate. There is so much great aikido in this area - I hope that there will be a big area-wide enbukai someday. It would be a fantastic event.

...AKI Pennsylvania looks forward to Kirisawa Sensei's return. We trained together again on Monday as well and he left us with a great deal to work on over the coming months. His way of pointing out to us the very basics amazes and challenges me. ...In the meantime will plan to visit you all if it's OK. As soon as we get our photos processed and the videos edited, we'll burn copies and get them out to all of you.

This little letter can't really begin to express how deeply we feel, but thank you again, all of you.

Steve
AKI Pennsylvania