View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #28
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Re: Rhythm/Speed/Musubi - How they work

Quote:
Pauliina Lievonen wrote:
Having done this little mental exercise I then went to give a couple flute lessons, and attend an aikido session. There were a few times during the flute lessons where I was accompanying a student and felt like what I was playing just fell into place just so and it all fit perfectly. This was exiting because I tend to be a player that is always a bit behind, late, dragging, and I've never found a way to change that very effectively until now.
My favorite activity, aside from Aikido, is going dancing with my sweetie. Neither of us has any formal training so we don't do any set pattern or steps, it's just movement. I do the very same thing when I dance with a partner... I extend my attention to include the both of us and just relax... It's not set who leads or initiates a move...when we are on, it's like we become alomost a single unit. I make instantaneous adjustments to her movement, even when I had started to initiate my own, it's one of the great experiences. Definitely another form of moving meditation.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com