View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #683
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: The "Jo Trick" and Similar Exercises

Quote:
Justin Smith wrote:
I'm sure you can. And I'm sure you can continue being incorrect.

For example, page 5 of T'ai Chi: The "Supreme Ultimate" Exercise for Health, Sport, and Self-Defense, by Zheng and Smith, shows:

To break it down for you, this shows that they were talking about qi possibly being described as 'intrinsic energy', not jin. You can count this as an example of facts you requested.
Yeah, well, you're over your head in this one, so stoppit. Jin is the physical manifestation of qi... Smith never understood that. He proof-read some of his own books and made horrendous mistakes. When they had to translate "ch'in" or "jin", they translated it as "intrinsic energy". There have been long discussions about this on some forums and private emails. The mistake of calling "jin" as "energy" is well-known. Quit looking for *anything*, even when you don't know the subject, to pick a quarrel with. I'm about to join a few others and stick you on ignore unless you can show that you have some substantive knowledge of some, of *any* subject, related to martial arts. So far you haven't contributed anything positive or anything with useable knowledge. You've only shown that you like to nitpick. Last chance.

Mike Sigman