View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #10
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Back Problems

Quote:
Ahmad Abas wrote:
I recently injured my back carrying some bags up a couple of floors...its been 3 and half weeks now. Its not very painful, but I can still feel it. What do you think I should do? ...Are there any remedial stuff I can do in your experience?
Ahmad, I urge you to find a certified practitioner of the Feldenkrais Method (C). I had a debilitating back problem when I was in Japan. I went through thousands of dollars worth of accupuncture, shiatsu, chiropractic and hospital (outpatient) treatment with shots and pills. I had also recently had a full $2000.00 course of Rolfing from an excellent person in Tokyo. But then I got injured.

After months of agony and walking with a cane (!!!) at age 37 (!!!!) I heard of a Feldenkrais practitioner. Not only did I quickly get the sense that this person really cared whether I got relief, after two sessions, I found myself walking without pain and without my cane! And shortly after that, I got back into full scale aikido practice at the yoseikan hombu, where the workouts were severe.

I'd say lay off the practice until you get better if you don't want to wind up in a wheelchair. But you'll probably get better quickly if you get some Feldenkrais treatment!

Best wishes and good luck.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.davidorangejr.com